Events – Child development
Programme Name : Child development
Date : 13.07.2019
Venue : PVM AUDITORIUM
Speaker : Mrs. Gita Balla & Mrs. Pooja
“Receive the children in reverence; educate them through love and affection.”
- The human being’s physical, psychological, and spiritual development from pre-natal existence through old age, death, and beyond. This view of the evolving human being provides a cornerstone for the unfolding of the curriculum.
- The session started with circle time which gave us the pathway for expansion, contraction i.e. breathing exercises, poems, attendance through a poem.
- The main task of the teacher is to breathe properly; no child has to feel fear.
- A teacher must be worthy of imitation, conscious, gestures and a master juggler.
- Alternation In rhythm : Different moods to be presented to the child.
- Mental Imaginary : help the child to plant images in mind.
- Enough opportunities to be provided for the physical body to be active.
- The sources of learning should be tacit, incident, sensory motor & experiential learning.
- Narrating stories is an excellent way to enhance listening and speaking skills.
- It is very essential for a child to eat & drink on time, good nourishing food, 14 hours of sleep and not to intake any kind of junk food.
- It’s very important for a teacher to be loving, compassionate, understanding and extremely observant and offer a lot of freedom with boundaries.
- A story was read by the speaker and was asked to form groups and to present the characters of the story in any ways.
- Interesting ways of conducting dictation were showcased.
- Any five methods have been asked to implement in the classrooms and will have the review in the next workshop.