Events – Chrysalis Workshop
Programme Name : Chrysalis workshop
Date : 03.06.2019
Venue : PVM Campus
Trainer : Mr. Bala
The session started with ice-breaking activity.
- To leave all our burdens outside the classroom and implement the rule of smiling throughout the day.
- Mindfulness routine (traffic signal).
- Smart notes:
- Notes can be taken as
- Things to be implemented.
- New theories/concepts I have learnt.
- Things I need to clarify.
Think room Implementation:
- Procedures and benefits of circle time were discussed.
- Usage of PMI (Plus Minus Interesting) tool in think room.
- Insisted to focus on evidence-based approach.
- Assessing skills of grade 1 kids through reading, speaking, writing and number sense (counting & comparing) were discussed.
- Priorities of subjects in think room.
Changes in Mitra and its specifications were explained. Effective way to use Mitra for assessment in think room was also brain stormed.
Challenges faced in story learning experiences was resolved by asking the staff home concierge from dublin to have a brain storming among themselves and listing them and Prioritizing and Analysis the importance of the L.E, duration to teach English in think room has to be 60-70 minutes, where (40-45minutes is for story learning experience and 10-15mts is for phonics).
How can we perform as a team was discussed and initiated.
Ended the session by giving valuable points on classroom management like laying rules, rules and consequences, routines, attention grabbers, small activities, concept. Last but not the least he added the point of emotional safety of children in think room and teachers and students are responsible for the effective classroom management.
- Math (number sense)
- Phonics (family words)
- EVS were suggested.