Events – Power Of Play
Programme Name : Power Of Play Workshop
Class & Time : LKG & 9.00 am to 9.45 am
Date :07.08.2021, Day : Saturday
Venue : Via Google Meet
A Paediatric in Enhancing Development in Young Children…….
The session began with a few interesting questions about whether play is a fact or a myth.
- Play help children in developing their ability to plan, coordinate, get along with others, as well as their language, arithmetic, and social skills.
- Play is not optional; it is essential as it helps the child to develop holistically.
Different types of play have different benefits for children:
- Play is important to healthy brain development.
- Play allows children to use their creativity while developing their imagination, dexterity, and physical, cognitive, and emotional strength.
- The significance of sensory play was discussed, as well as how the child will be involved using existing home – made resources.
Two types of play:
- Structured play : A child follows directions or rules. Examples : board games, puzzles, team sports, etc.
- Unstructured play : A child can do what interests them. Examples : Playing on a playground, dressing up, exploring the outdoors, etc.
- Pretend play : When children are playing ‘as if’ something or someone is real.
- Sand is the ideal play material for children, providing hours of entertainment and discovery…
- Sand play enhances in finger muscle strength and hand – eye coordination.
- Splish Splash – Water Play gives many opportunities to develop fine and gross motor skills.