Skip to main content
Events – Story Reading
Programme Name : Story Reading
Class : LKG & UKG
Date : 16.07.2022
Day : Saturday
Venue : Google meet
Presented by : Vice Principal Mrs. Malini
Attendees : LKG and UKG parents
WORKSHOP FOR PARENTS
Get Your Child To Love Books
- The session began with prayer, welcome speech followed by the Vice Principal address..
- What does a child need from you? was the Vice Principal’s opening statement…
1. Unconditional love
- The participants were asked to read the word “ABHYAAS” then and
there in the session, in order to grab the attention of the participants.
- Parents were oriented by a demo on the process of reading programme.
- The presenters were presented the process of reading programme.
- Strategies on handling books were elucidated.
- Small demonstrations of Story Learning Experience were witnessed by the parents.
- A live demo was given by LKG and UKG kids on how to read the sight words effectively at home.
- Significance of Sight words was briefed with example.
- Seven fun rules to create a Home Environment for kids on how to enhance the reading skills were presented by the Vice Principal Mrs. Malini.
- Parents experienced a fruitful session on how to boost their kids in reading with the sense of joy and excitement.
- The session concluded with REREAD..Reading a book again and again kids will be able to develop vocabulary, word recognition, comprehension, pattern and rhythm, fluency and confidence